NDIS Specialised Disability Accommodation
Torsion Pty Ltd has been involved in the building industry since 2018 as a licensed builder. With over 30 years of combined building knowledge and experience.
With the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) into the region, Torsion have teamed up with local Occupational Therapists and other health team professionals to provide industry best home modifications, to help improve safety and access in and around the home.
Torsion offers the highest level of responsiveness and reliability. Our team will work with you to ensure your NDIS building project runs efficiently from initial contact, delivering timely estimates, coordinating technicians, through to liaising with Occupational Therapists on site.
Home Modifications Explained…
Home Modifications are changes to the structure, layout or fitting of a participants home so they safely access it and move around comfortably in areas they frequently use.
Home modifications may be included in you plan if:
- due to the impact of your disability, you or your carers cannot reasonably access and use frequently used rooms and spaces in your primary residence;
- your primary residence, in its current condition, has significant and adverse impacts on the sustainability of current living and care arrangements; and
- a suitably qualified Occupational Therapist has performed an assessment and recommended home modifications, considering all possible alternatives, including the use of equipment.
- As with any building work, there are laws and regulations that need to be adhered to when undertaking home modifications under the Scheme. For further details please follow the link to the Operational Guidelines.
Our NDIS Provider Registration Number is 4050 0461 81.
We are fully insured and licensed builders.
Our services include:
- SDA (Specialised Disability Accommodation) From new constructions and modifications.
- Access Modifications – e.g. the installation of ramps, rails, steps and other modifications that help you access and live in your home more safely.
- Major Bathroom Modifications and renovations – e.g. the removal and replacement of a bath with a hobless shower, replace of shower screens with or a complete bathroom renovation.
- Kitchen Modifications
- Minor Modifications – e.g. the installation of grab rails, hand held shower hoses, lever taps, door wedges, anti-scald devices and the widening of doorways.
So you can be confident that the works will be completed correctly, and will be under warranty for years to come.
Please contact us today to discuss your requirements with one of our friendly staff.